Day 283 -- Rain Gear

Last year Coach Wilcox talked me into purchasing some rain gear.  It's made of this interesting fabric that repels water, but it's not the most stylish things I've ever worn. 

Man, was I glad I had it tonight.

In the midst of the rain and the wind, I was trying to make a Homecoming Halftime Ceremony happen.  I was running all over the place like a crazy person.  I was stressed, I was tired (we had homecoming festivities to plan and execute all day), and I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to pull it off.

But, I wasn't wet!

And, you know what?  We pulled it off.  There are definitely things to work on for next time, but we did it.  We got the major tasks associated with homecoming accomplished: Formal Assembly, Pep Assembly, and Halftime Ceremony all have come and gone.  A king was crowned and a queen was crowned. 

Now, let's hear it for a well-deserved bath and some pajamas.

Thank God for rain gear!

Lord, thank you for the rain gear I was fortunate enough to have with me tonight.  Thank you that I was dry despite the weather and that I didn't have to be soaking wet with all of the tasks that had to be accomplished at the game this evening.  Thank you for all of the blessings you gave me today, both big and small.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!