Day 288 -- Easy Solution

Lately, my seniors taking advanced chemistry have been acting like...well, seniors.

They have been playing this game (in their classes and out of classes) where they pretend to blow darts at each other.  If they get hit with said pretend-and-invisible dart, then they are tranquilized and have to lay down on the floor until someone revives them.

Sigh.

So, as a teacher, that's really annoying.  I managed to get rid of most of the playing in my class (it's happening all over the school in all classrooms, like a cancer), but some of them just kept pushing the subject yesterday in my class.  I left feeling frustrated and defeated.  Usually my advanced chemistry class is one class I know I can look forward to throughout the day.  Lately, however, it seems to be the hardest in terms of classroom management.  Some of my seniors (a vocal minority) just seemed to be significantly less mature than those I have had in the past. Last night when I went home, I made plans to lay down the law when I saw them in class today.  I had a whole riot act ready to read about the tone of our classroom and was ready to let them have it.
When the bell rang, I stood in front of the room, ready to have a chat.  As they were settling down, one of them said, "Guys, we're suspending the game during this class because Mrs. Sharp doesn't like it."

Wow.  Problem solved.  And I didn't have to say a word.

Thank God for an easy solution!

Lord, thank you for the blessing my students can be.  Thank you for the way they continually surprise me and bring joy to my life even on the craziest days and most frustrating situations.  Help me to be a blessing to them.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!