Day 294 -- Beanstalk

Breslin loves to eat refried beans with taco meat, tortilla chips and cheese on the top.  Similarly, he loves to eat thick chili with cheese and Saltine crackers on the top.  He has given the special name "Beanstalk" to both of these meals.  Whenever Colby or I say that we're having beanstalk, he's instantly all giddy.  Tonight, after polishing off his first bowl of beanstalk, he became the beanstalk monster.  After a long day at school, a student council meeting, cross-country practice, and parent-teacher conferences, it felt good to crack up with my son.



I am so thankful that my kids are not picky eaters.  They pretty much eat whatever we set in front of them.  Sometimes Breslin would rather eat on his own schedule, which is fine by me.  I'm just so grateful not to have to fight those types of battles at mealtime.  My kids just dig in.  AJ can sit at the counter for literally hours at a time, just eating whatever happens to be out at a given time interval. 

Tonight, she serenaded us with the ABC song/Twinkle Twinkle while we ate.   I was thankful for her "just-so-darn-cute"-ness.


Thank God for Beanstalk!

Lord, thank you for quality time with my kids tonight, even though it was short.  Thank you for my son's creativity and for my daughter's cuteness.  Thank you that I don't have to fight eating battles with my kids...at least not very often.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
very special...both videos - thank you!
Moira likes to combine the Itsy Bitsy Spider and Row, Row, Your Boat together :)

Kids are just the thing we need after a long day, aren't they? :)
Suzanne Gibbs said…
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Can't WAIT to see you all! <3

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!