Day 297 -- Jimmie's

The team at Jimmie's Wrecking Service in Jackson, Michigan are my heroes today.

After a long day, I decided to take Dharia to the home football game at Western.  We had a great time together watching the game, the band, the cheerleaders, and saying hey to students.  The band, especially, got Dharia's attention tonight.  They walked throughout the stands with blue and green baskets, collecting money in each.  If the blue baskets collected more money, they would play the U of M fight song at halftime.  If the green basket had more money in it, they would play the MSU fight song at halftime.  Additionally, it was senior night, so they had a great show full of crazy antics and dancing. 

When I walked out to my car (I was parked about as far away from the football field as is physically possible at Western), I realized that the keys were locked inside.  As was my cell phone and our second set of keys to the Saturn.

Seriously?

Dharia and I trekked all the way back inside, where the band was still tearing down for the night.  Mr. Bickel, the band director, was kind enough to let me use his office phone.

I called Colby.  No answer.

I called the Sharps. No answer.

I called Colby again.  No answer.

I called the Sharp's again.  This time, Cole Brady, Colby's second-to-youngest brother answered and told me that everyone but him was asleep already.

I called Colby again.  No answer.

I said a quick little prayer for help.

Moments later, Mr. Bickel asked me what was going on and suggested that I call Jimmie's.

Dharia and I walked back out to the car and within a minute or so of arriving at the car, the Jimmie's truck pulled up.

A kind, smiling man unlocked my driver's side door in under a minute.

I was so grateful for the solution to this problem.  I had no idea how I was going to get my daughter and I home tonight, but God, as usual was watching out for me.

Thank God for Jimmie's!

Lord, thank you for helping us to get home tonight.  I am so grateful for all of the ways you work in my life.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
Thank God for Jimmies! Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!