Day 301 -- Chair Cover

I'm sitting here on the couch looking at the chair we bought from IKEA several years ago. It used to be kind of a cream color. Then we had three kids. You could sort of tell that it was meant to be cream, but it was also covered in a multi-colored grunge from so many spills and encounters with food/crayons/child bodily fluids. For the last year or so, I have involuntarily cringed every time I looked at it, citing it as yet one more example of slovenliness in my house. Tonight, I am looking at the same chair, but it is covered in a chic floral pattern in predominantly dark colors. At the end of the summer, I found sometime to tear off the old cream cushion covers and make some new ones. So, now there is no cringing anymore, and for that I am grateful.

Thank God for the chair cover!

Lord, thank you that I was able to find some time to replace our old chair cushions so that I don't have to be stressed out by just being in my living room. Thank you for helping me to find economical ways to make improvements to our home, slowly but surely. Help me to be patient and to realize just how lucky I am to live in the home I do. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Suzanne Gibbs said…
Wow! I'm so impressed! How do you fit in time to recover the chair with so much on your plate??? You amaze me. xoxoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!