Day 307 -- Love of Shoes

The love of shoes has a strong hereditary basis.  My mom loves shoes and my grandmommy (mom's mom) loves shoes.  I love shoes.

Today I am thankful that my daughters love shoes.

AJ woke up in a full-blown hissy fit this morning.  When did she smile and coo like she was the sweetest, happiest baby in the whole, wide world?

Why, when I asked her if she wanted to wear shoes, of course!

All tears disappeared.  In her cute, tiny voice, she affirmed, "Shoes!" and laughed like nothing in the world could possibly make her any happier. 

Other evidence of AJ's shoe love:

  • She has been sticking her feet out in an effort to help me get them on her more easily as of late.
  • One of her very first words that we could recognize was "shoes" (shortly after "no", and "mama").
  • She frequently tries to get other people's shoes on and walk around (especially funny when she make an attempt with Colby's shoes).
  • She cries when you take her (or anyone else's) shoes off of her.

I love that something I can so trace back through my maternal heritage has manifested itself so obviously in my daughters.

And at such a young age!  I am so proud!

Thank God for a love of shoes!

Lord, thank you for my girls.  Thank you that they love shoes and that they come by this love through the influence of the important women in their family.  Let this be a love that gives us opportunity to spend time together and build our relationship as my daughters grow.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Suzanne Gibbs said…
HAHAHAHAHA!! Love it!!! I guess it must come from both sides, because your aunt loves shoes, too. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!