Day 308 -- A Nice Boy

Breslin is such a nice boy.  I am so thankful that he is sweet and kind.
Tonight I was in the shower (I had run cross-country practice with the girls today) and he came in to use the bathroom.  When he flushed, the water in my shower became scalding hot and I cried out in pain and surprise.  When he heard me, he said, "Oh, mommy, I'm sorry.  I forgot to wait to flush until you were done with your shower."
Later on in the evening, he was watching a movie about robots and noticed that I had eaten up all of the bread I had been snacking on.  So he ran into the kitchen to ask Colby if I could have another piece.  Then, he brought a new piece out to me.  When he crawled up on the couch, he apologized again for flushing while I was in the shower.

Some kids have to be taught kindness and consideration (hello, Dharia), but tonight I feel so lucky that my son seems to come by it so naturally.  I LOVE being this kid's mom.

Thank God for a nice boy!

Lord, thank you for my son.  Thank you for his sweet nature.  Thank you for all of the joy and wonder he brings into my life just by being here.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
He is a sweet kid.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!