Day 318 -- Answering Service

Tonight, I apparently didn't get to my phone as it was ringing.

Because, Breslin did notice that it was ringing and answered it himself.

According to what he reported to me, the caller asked "to talk to his mom", whereupon he introduced himself: "My name is Breslin!"  After a couple of rounds of this back and forth, he finally made it upstairs where he told me that "someone is calling you!"

There was nothing but silence on the other end of the phone, but I checked my call history, and sure enough, I had a received a call just minutes before that lasted about a minute and a half.

When I called this mysterious number, I was surprised and amused to find that it was my state-bound cross-country runner, who was just wondering what time I was picking her up tomorrow morning.

I apologized for my son, who ultimately did not comply with her request to speak with me.  She was almost as amused as I was, mostly because she doesn't know my son like I do.  He was just trying to do the right thing and maybe making a friend while he was at it!

Thank God for my little answering service!

Lord, thank you for my son and for his willingness to do things for me, like answer the phone when I can't get to it.  Thank you for his sweet and friendly personality.  Thank you that the person on the other end was understanding and friendly, too.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!