Day 320 -- "No, DhariLou!"

AJ's vocabulary has been growing exponentially over the past few weeks.  Much of what she says is now not only understandable, but includes emphasis and emotion.

My most favorite phrase so far (aside from "Hi, Mama" and "I love you") is "NO, DhariLou!"  We heard it a lot today as an obvious expression of her displeasure with her older sister.  It's packed with power and anger. When Dharia takes something from her or gets in her face, it's one more way that she can stick up for herself.  The girl is turning out to be one tough cookie.

Equally hilarious is Dharia's response to being yelled at in this manner by her little sister.  Her jaw drops in surprise and she is instantly quiet.  Sometimes, she even starts to cry.  The dynamics in this sister-sister relationship never cease to amaze me.

I had hoped to get a video example of this tonight, but all I ended up with was a lot of screaming and crying.  Not exactly the kind of stuff I want to remember or showcase to others.  So, I'll continue to be diligent and look out for the right moment.  In the meantime, you'll just have to use your imagination, I suppose.

Thank God for "No, DhariLou!"

Lord, thank you for the opportunity to raise sisters.  Thank you that my little AJ is beginning to be able to express herself verbally.  Thank you that you have given her a personality that does not back down to her sister's bullying.  Thank you for the amazing little person she is and that she is becoming.  I feel so blessed to be her mom.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!