Day 321 -- November Calendar

This week, I realized that the calendar on my fridge was in need of an update.  It's one of those wipe-off kinds that you renumber every month with the dry erase markers.  It's nothing special, as most of our planning we now do with Google calendars, where Colby and I can see each other's calendars, edit each other's events, and add in shared events.  It's pretty awesome...we love it.  Anyhow, this calendar in the kitchen is really more for a visual reference, as much of our logistical planning seems to be done in the kitchen (i.e. what day of the week will the 23rd be?).  Plus the kids love it when I draw a little picture representing that month.  Last month, there were pumpkins and ghosts all over.

So, like I said, the calendar was in desperate need of an update, since it had been November for almost a week and the ghosts and pumpkins still boldly frolicked across the top.

My son took it upon himself to make our November calendar.  He wiped the October calendar clean, titled it "Noveber" and filled in all of the dates 1-30.  He even added a special squiggle on the 24th.  When I asked him why, he replied, "Because mommy, that's Thanksgiving!" like he couldn't even imagine me not knowing that already.
Our November Calendar, done by Breslin.  The pictures at the top are "Leaves and a Turkey!"

The dates are a bit off (he started number 1 in the very first box, which seems logical enough to me, but the first is actually a Tuesday, not a Sunday), but I love looking at his handiwork every day when I walk to the fridge. 

I am so thankful for my talented and creative son!

Thank God for the November Calendar!

Lord, thank you for my son.  Thank you for his initiative, his creativity, and his smart brain.  Thank you for his sweetness and willingness to take care of a task that needed doing.  Thank you for what will be a bright spot for me at least once a day for the rest of the month.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
kinda weird that Breslin wanted to do something associated with numbers...

:)

Cool calendar! Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!