Day 332 -- Morning Person...ummm, Baby

I am an unapologetic morning person.  Okay, okay...so I don't bounce out of bed with a smile every morning.  But once I get going, I'm non-stop in the morning.  I love mornings.  I love the energy I have and the opportunity that each upcoming day presents.  I feel that I am do my best thinking in the morning.  I am more productive in the mornings.

When I woke up my dear little AJ this morning, I recognized in my sweet baby the same love for mornings that I have.  She hemmed and hawed a little as I gently shook her awake, but by the time I got to changing her diaper, she was smiling with her eyes closed and saying, "Hi Mama."

The kids sit on the steps in the morning to get get their shoes and coats on, and while the older two were still half and sleep and grouchy beyond comprehension, AJ was beaming.  She sang the ABC song and Twinkle Twinkle and giggled when I joked with her.  She wouldn't let Dharia or Breslin's attitude bring her down either.  Every time they groused or grumbled, she'd get in their face with a bright, cheery "HI PUPPY!" (Breslin's alter-ego) or "HI KITTY!" (that would be Dharia's).

I am so thankful to see that my love of mornings has been passed on to my youngest daughter.

Thank God for my morning baby!

Lord, thank you for my sweet AJ.  Thank you for the pure joy she shows in the morning.  Thank you for letting us see a little of us in our kids, and thank you that it's sometimes the good in us that we see in them, not just the bad.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Suzanne Gibbs said…
That AJ...she's pretty awesome!!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!