Day 334 -- Christmas Lights

Yesterday, my kids helped me to put up our outside Christmas lights. 

Well, they didn't help so much as run around the front yard while I strung them up and tried not to have a panic attack every time they appeared to be making a beeline for the road.

The light job is far from fancy.  In fact, it takes all of three strands of white lights to wrap our front pillars.  But I just walked by, and they looked beautiful twinkling out there in the cold, dark night. 

It made me realize, too, that Thanksgiving is just around the corner, which means that my favorite season in the world is nearly upon us.  I think there is something truly magical about this time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and tonight I'm thankful that a symbol of this time is boldly declaring its coming -- right on my very own front stoop.

Thank God for Christmas Lights!

Lord, thank you for this season that I love.  Thank you for all that it represents and for the way that it makes me feel every year.  Thank you for the chance to put up Christmas lights.  Thank you for their beauty and for the way they help me to anticipate the coming days even more.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!