Day 335 -- On Time

Today, I'm thankful that I wasn't late to school.

Because I really thought that I might be.

When I woke up this morning, I thought to myself, "Hmmm, the alarm hasn't gone off yet, and I'm not tired, so that means I must have overslept.  CRAP!"  My thought process is surprisingly sound first thing in the morning.

Sure enough, when I rolled over, the alarm said 6:35, a full hour and fifteen minutes after we usually get up.

We managed to get up and out of the door in roughly fifteen minutes, with surprisingly compliant children.  But that still gave me only 45 minutes to get the kids dropped off at daycare and then to the school.  In the midst of my panic attack, I also realized that being late meant that if I had any chance at making it, I was also going to be fighting bus and parent traffic at the middle and high school complex.  If any of you have ever driven down Dearing Road near the school between 7:15 and 7:40 on a weekday morning, you know exactly what I am talking about.

I don't know how I did it, but by the grace of God, I coasted to school with incredible speed and efficiency.  I didn't even speed, because I knew getting in an accident or getting a ticket would not help (honest).  Incredibly, the Lord provided clear roads.  I only got stuck behind one person going 15 miles under the speed limit (usually it's a lot more than that), and it was right at a dotted yellow, so I just passed on by.

I walked in the door at about 7:15.  I was thrilled and grateful and relieved.  God got me to school safely and on time. 

Thank God for being on time!

God, thank you for turning what could have been a complete disaster of a morning into a blessing.  Thank you for helping the kids to get ready quickly and for the clear, smooth roads this morning.  Thank you for helping me to have a good day even with a rough start.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!