Day 340 -- Healthy Kids

Tonight I'm thankful that I have healthy kids.

They tend to be a pretty tough lot.  I mean, aside from the occasional cold or upper respiratory infection, they rarely get sick.  This is a good thing, as they do not multiply the number of sick days you get by the number of kids you have.  Shocking, I know.

But, what I'm thinking of tonight goes beyond that.  I am so blessed that my children are all unafflicted by illnesses, diseases, or chronic conditions. 

My brother was diagnosed with leukemia when he was about Breslin's age, and I honestly don't know how my parents ever managed to stay sane while learning of his dire prognosis.  I don't know how any parent handles the knowledge that your child is battling something that is life-threatening.

I'm sure it's only by the grace of God.  But, for now, I'm so thankful that I don't have to worry about that.  I am so blessed to have three kids in good health.  I trust in the Great Physician to watch over them and keep them that way.

Thank God for healthy kids!

God, thank you for giving my kids their health and well-being.  Please look over them and keep them safe and healthy for the rest of their lives.  Protect them Lord, as you have since before I even knew about them.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!