Day 342 -- Diet Sprite

When I was a little girl and got really sick, my mom would always let me snuggle up and watch TV in her bed.  Then, she would bring me some Sprite and Saltine crackers.  It made me feel so loved and taken care of even when I was physically feeling really crummy.

Today, I stayed home from school because I am still very sick.  My husband brought me home some Diet Sprite (because I'm too old to drink regular pop anymore).  While I sipped it, I thought about my mom and it made me smile.

Thank God for Diet Sprite!

Lord, thank you for my mom, who always took such great care of me when I was sick.  Thank you for the good memories I got to have today because of Diet Sprite.  Thank you for my husband, who was thoughtful enough to get it for me.  Please give me strength to face tomorrow.  Please heal my body and help me to feel better.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!