Day 353 -- I'm a Vowel

Breslin told me tonight that a notoriously mean boy at daycare is a consonant person.  When I asked him what that meant, he said, "It means BDCFGHJKLMNPQRSTVWXYZ, but sometimes Y is a vowel.  A consonant person is a mad or mean person."

"But mommy, you're a vowel."

Thank God, I'm a vowel!

Breslin actually went on to say that our whole family are vowels, reiterating that sometimes Y is a vowel.  He really just wanted to be sure that I knew that.

Thank God I'm a vowel!

Lord, thank you that my son doesn't think of me as a consonant person.  Thank you for his brain and his creative, unique ways of looking at things.  Help me to cherish this in him and help it grow.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Suzanne Gibbs said…
Gee, I hope I'm a vowel, too!!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!