Day 355 -- A Taker

Tonight, I realized that I had scheduled myself to officiate a gymnastics meet this Thursday in Adrian.

The only problem was that it was at the same time as my kids' first ever Christmas concert.

I was beyond bummed.  I have been looking forward to this since I first heard about it.  Every time I hear AJ sing/shout "Jingle Bells" I laugh and think about the big night.  How could I miss my kids' concert?

I would definitely be out of the running for the Mother of the Year award.

Depressed and discouraged, I sent out an email to a group of gymnastics judges and coaches, describing my pitiful situation.  I felt that it was unlikely that I would find a replacement on such short notice.

I just checked my email and a mere 20 minutes later, I had 2 volunteers.

I am so relieved and grateful!

Thank God for a taker!

Lord, thank you that I will be able to go to the Christmas concert this Thursday.  Thank you for providing kind people who were willing to help me out.  Thank you for always watching out for me, even when I don't deserve it.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!