Day 359 -- The Christmas Concert

Tonight was the big Christmas concert.

I have never been more thankful for the girls who run our daycare.

Their love for our kids was so evident tonight.  Not only do I deem them as brave for being willing to put on a Christmas concert full of children under the age of five, I feel so lucky to have such smart, hard-working, loving people teaching my kids day in and day out.

It was so fun to see my kids up there singing their hearts out, well at least Breslin and Dharia.  AJ preferred to grab her props (a baby for "Away in a Manger", bells for "Jingle Bells") and then come and sit in my lap to watch the rest of the kids sing the actual song.

And, then there was my Dharia, whose sweet, powerful voice managed to get everyone's attention, if only for the fact that she was about seven words ahead of everyone else in "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer".



And, AJ really does love to sing.  I have caught her during the past few weeks singing "Jingle Bells" at the top of her lungs.  She wasn't feeling it tonight on stage, but I thought this would be as good a time as any to showcase her skills:



Thank God for the Christmas concert!

Dear Lord, thank you for the awesome concert tonight.  Thank you for all of the ladies who worked so hard to pull it off and who love our kids without fail day in and day out.  It is a huge blessing to be able to take our kids somewhere that we know they are cared for and that their personalities are appreciated.  Thank you for the laughs we had tonight because of the concert too.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
that's wonderful! I love Dharia's singing, and Breslin has great moves too! AJ looks so cute in her outfit!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!