Day 368 -- Christmas Proposal

Nine years ago today, my husband proposed to me.

It's fun to think about and reminisce.  Colby and I had arranged to exchange gifts in the late morning at my house after my brother, Evan, and I had Christmas with my mom in Jackson.  On Christmas Day, 2002, there was a ton of snow on the ground and on the way home, Evan decided that he wanted to do some doughnuts in a parking lot.  During the course of our doughnut frivolities, we somehow careened out of control into a ditch and got stuck.  It took us over an hour to get unstuck and back on the road.  So, needless to say, we were very late and neither one of us had a cell phone (this was 2002, after all), so Colby was left to sweat it out in nervous anticipation waiting for us to arrive.

When we finally got to the house, we started exchanging gifts.  My last present from Colby was a Precious Moments figurine that had a little boy down on one knee with a sign that says, "Yes or No: Choose One".


Colby got down on one knee, opened up a box, and whispered, "Will you marry me?"

I immediately starting sobbing, screamed "Yes!" and threw my arms around my new fiancee.

I still had one more present to give to Colby.  Unfortunately, it was a SpongeBob Squarepants fish tank.  He never lets me forget that part of the story.

I love that my husband chose to propose on Christmas Day, because it's the one day of the year where I always feel different, somehow.  The anniversary of this day never goes by without me thinking about our engagement, because it is such a special day.   And today, I'm thankful that I get to think about and remember my nervous husband proposing to me on Christmas.

Thank God for my Christmas proposal!

Dear God, thank you for the memories that Christmas Day brings.  Thank you especially for my very memorable and unique proposal and that it happened on a day where I can always remember it fondly.  Thank you for my sweet husband, who made it all happen nine years ago.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!