Day 370 -- Game Time with the Stuart Clan!

I couldn't post this yesterday, because I had already written a pretty selfish and shallow post about the gifts my mom got me.  Maybe it would have seemed less superficial if I had been thankful for my mom's thoughtfulness instead of just talking about all of my loot.  I guess deep inside I'm still an eight year old girl, straining to see which presents are hers under the Christmas tree.

But, regardless, yesterday, after I got ready and marveled at all of my cute new stuff, we headed over to my aunt and uncle's house for an all-day Stuart Clan Christmas (where I also got cute new stuff...hello, sparkly Tom's Shoes! Thanks Dad and Lisa!) which culminated in a couple of rounds of the game Wits and Wagers and the perennial favorite, Catch Phrase.  I love playing games with the Stuart Family.  Everyone is a good sport, no one gets whiny or dramatic, and we're a pretty smart group (if I do say so myself), so it's always a challenge and interesting.  I got to partner up with my beautiful and talented sister-in-law as the purple team on Wits and Wagers, although my performance deteriorated as the games progressed (the Bud Light was not my secret weapon).  She didn't seem to mind too much, though, and we had a great time.  If you have never played the game Wits and Wagers, you should really go down to the Toy House in Jackson, buy it for  yourself and then invite your favorite 5 to 15 people over to play.  It's really a blast and it makes for some unique conversation starters, too.

It was such a fun time and a great opportunity to be close to people that I so love and cherish.

Thank God for game time with the Stuart Clan!

Lord, thank you for the fun we had last night with family.  Thank you for my super cool, smart family that makes being together a blast.  Thank you for the opportunity to be together and share our love for each other at Christmas time.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

April. said…
I'm so glad you got to enjoy the greatest game ever!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!