Day 372 -- Kids' Cooking Class

It's been no secret that Miss Dharia Lou is a fan of cooking.  Every time that I go to make something, she is my little sidekick-helper.  She is forever wanting to help me scoop, measure, and mix ingredients.  So when I saw that today, at Camp McGregor, Fresh is Best, LLC had a free kids' cooking class for ages 3-12,  I loaded up Dharia and we headed out for our adventure.  I had no idea of what to expect, but when we arrived (a little late and my internal GPS was slightly off) we found a very energetic group of women who had all kinds of cool projects to share with my daughter.  Almost just as importantly, mommy found a fresh-brewed pot of piping-hot coffee, complete with organic creamer and fair trade sweetener.  I happily imbibed while watching my little girl learn the art and wonder of cooking (knowledge I am not fully qualified to impart).

First, we made veggie pizza.  Dharia painstakingly spread the cream cheese mixture on her very own pastry square, then lovingly and generously sprinkled fresh veggies and cheese.  I don't think she cared for the actual taste of veggie pizza, but I was more than delighted to munch on it for her.  They used some chicken-apple sausage, which I raised an eyebrow at, but turned out to be amazing.  When we were all done, they let us package up everything, so we had some tasty treats to bring home for show-and-tell.

Then, we made graham-cracker cookies with frosting and called it a day.  It was just the right length to keep her interested and focused.  While we drove home, she was so excited to show daddy everything that she made at "The Cookie Class" and he savored her treats fully while listening to her version of what happened.

I am so thankful for this fun (and affordable!) opportunity my daughter and I had to today to hang out while doing something she loves.

Thank God for a kids' cooking class!

Lord, thank you for a new and fun adventure today.  Thank you for all of the fun Dharia had.  Please continue to give us the chance to allow her to do the things that she loves.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Al,
Chicken and Apple sausages are really, really good :)
really, really, really, REALLY good with grilled onions.
You can get them at Sam's.
I may or may not have 15 in my freezer right now.
Sausages that its, not Sam's.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!