Day 373 -- Dr. Young

Guys who are sensitive to "female" issues, beware.  It's true that this post is dedicated to my gynecologist, although I didn't want to put that as the title because that just seemed like a deal breaker.  I do want some people to read this, after all.  It will not, I repeat, will not contain any graphic material whatsoever.  Cross my, ummm, heart.

love my gynecologist.  She is funny, smart, and real.  She takes more time to talk to me than many people in my life and shows genuine interest in me, not just facts relevant to my gynecological health.  She never, ever makes me feel stupid or unimportant.  She seems like the kind of person I would want as a friend, and I genuinely look forward to seeing her, even though I certainly don't relish the appointment itself.  That's a high compliment to give if you've ever been to or have any inkling of what goes on at an annual appointment with an OB/GYN.

Today was a day that I have been dreading for a while.  It was my two week post-op appointment which means that once I got into the examination room, I spent a long time in a relatively painful and awkward position.  But Dr. Young makes me feel like I'm just having coffee with a friend.  She asked me all about my triathlon training and we talked about her experiences at her residency at a hospital in Detroit.  Side note: I can't remember just exactly what that name of the hospital was, but it did have a jail directly attached to the emergency room.  Crazy.

She made what could have been a plain terrible day much better and for that I am so grateful.

Thank God for Dr. Young!

Lord, thank you for a fantastic doctor who made my day a lot easier today.  Thank you for the way that she takes care of me.  I feel so fortunate to be in such good hands.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!