Day 377 -- Long Day

This long day is finally over. Almost.  Just gotta get this post done, then I can relax.  Or maybe just pass out.

The first day back to school after a long break is never easy.  There's this aching, raw sense of guilt that I always have about leaving my kids.  I'm tired and grouchy, having been used to sleeping in a bit and wearing sweatpants half the day.  I miss hanging out with who I consider to be the coolest people in the world.

Today's first day back was beastly and frightening for a couple of reasons.  The first being that because of my surgery the week before break, I had a sub in my room for a few days which means I returned to a disaster of gigantic proportions.  The room is always a mess when I come back and the kids have no idea what they were supposed to do.  Add that to the fact that they forgot everything they learned about chemistry in the two weeks they were gone and you start to get depressed and overwhelmed.  How does one lesson plan for the first day back when this is what you face?

Second, I had to officiate a gymnastics meet tonight in Canton, which is a good hour and fifteen minutes from my house.  So I left the house at 6:20 am and returned home at 10:20 pm. 

But, you know what?  I survived.  I am here, exhausted and starving, but I am still alive.  I am thankful for the strength to get through what seemed like an impossible feat this morning.

Thank God for this long day.  And thank God that it's over!

Thank you God for giving me the strength to face today.  I am confident that is the only way I made it through.  Help me to rest tonight and to make the most of tomorrow.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!