Day 382 -- Playing Together

I have watched Breslin and Dharia save countless imaginary, invisible people or animals tonight as an unlikely pair of superheroes.  Their capes are blankets, which I have tied and re-tied about eight gazillion times.  But it was all worth it to see them using their imaginations and working together.

One of my absolute favorite things about my kids getting older is having the opportunity to watch them play together.  Dharia so desperately wants to be around Breslin and will pretty much do whatever she can to get him to play with her.  It's sweet.  AJ just wants to be a part of it, so even though the older two left her in the dust during their play, she was content to have her own blanket tied about her neck and to whisper "Superman!" while proudly following them around as best she could. 

I love to see the bond that is already forming between them and  I wonder how close they will be growing up.  Will Dharia stick up for Breslin in high school?  Will Breslin help Dharia with her geometry homework? 

Believe me, it's not like they don't ever fight, but Puppy and Kitty are a pretty amazing team.  I am grateful tonight for the love they have for each other, as evidenced by their willingness and ability to play together tonight.

Thank God for playing together!

Lord, thank you that my kids like to play together.  Thank you for the special relationship that they have.  Please help it to grow and flourish.  Help them to love each other always, be there for each other always, and to grow even closer to one another as the years pass.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
started my day with a happy cry. love you guys.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!