Day 383 -- Hot Water

I stayed home from school today.  Again.

When I woke up this morning, I was in so much pain that I couldn't stand up for more than a minute without having to sit or lie down.  It was weird, and scary.  I'm not trying to complain here, honestly, or make you feel bad for me.  I just want to explain where I'm coming from.   I'm usually pretty tough, but I couldn't be today and no amount of pain medicine did anything to help.  I was just plain miserable.

Taking a hot bath really seemed to help me feel better, so I spent most of the day either laying in my bed or in a hot bath.  It was a multiple bath day.  If it wasn't for the pain, it would have been just my kind of day.

I was thinking about how much hot water I had used throughout the day today, and I know there are some people who can't count on having hot water.  I was so grateful for alleviation of my symptoms that I felt it was worth mentioning that I feel blessed to have the means to take several hot baths in one day (and a couple of hot showers too).

Thank God for hot water!

Lord, thank you for giving me a chance to feel better through taking baths today.  Thank you that we are able to live in a house with reliable hot water.   Please give me strength to get through the day at school tomorrow.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!