Day 384 -- Breslin's ABC Animal Game

I put Breslin to bed tonight, and I'm thankful the opportunity to spend some quality time with him and to learn one of his games, which he called "Upper Case ABC Animals" and "Lower Case ABC Animals", respectively.

I don't honestly know what the upper and lower case designations had to do with anything, but the basic premise of the game was to alternate naming animals that started with each successive letter of the alphabet.  We did the upper case animals first and the lower case animals second.  Believe me, certain letters were very difficult to do by the time we got to the second round.  It didn't help that Breslin was getting a little loopy and dissolving into giggles everytime that we named an animal that he thought sounded funny.  He must have laughed for a solid minute after he said "hedgehog", I swear.  I enjoyed learning some of the new animals he's learned lately, too.  For example, for the upper case "U" he chose "Urchin", which he described to me as "a porcupine that swims under the water".  When I asked him who taught that to him, he replied, "No one did.  Daddy's iPad did."

Hanging out with only him, playing his silly game, and laughing with him before bed time was the highlight of my day.  I'm so thankful for my son and the opportunity to spend time getting to know hime better.

Thank God for Breslin's ABC game!

God, thank you for my son and for his imagination and creativity.  Thank you for the fun game he made up and asked me to play with him tonight.  Thank you for the chance to laugh together and the opportuinty to spend some high quality time just the two of us.  In your name, Amen.

PS -- A lesson in punctuation, if not enthusiasm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!