Day 386 -- Lip Dub

We are gearing up for Snowfest at Western High School.  Next week, things will get interesting as we take on the "Chillin' in the Arctic" festivities, including a formal assembly in the auditorium, pep assembly in the gym, halftime presentation at the home basketball game, and formal dance.

One thing I'm especially excited about is this year's class competition.  We decided to go a little different this year.  Instead of decorating a hallway or making a banner we will be doing class "lip dubs".  Each class will make a lip dub and submitting it for the entire student body to watch at the formal assembly next Friday morning.  Then, teachers will judge each video and present the winners at the pep assembly in the afternoon.

What's a lip dub, you ask?  Well, put simply, it's a video where people lip sync to a dubbed audio track.  I am in the process of making a video to show the students tomorrow that shows the general concept and shows an example:



Students are already buzzing with excitement.  I am loving see them pumped to do something school-related and I can't WAIT to see what they come up with!

Thank God for the Lip Dub!

Lord, thank you for giving me a glimpse of my students getting excited.  Please help the momentum to carry over into next week.  Give them creativity and help them work together while doing this so that they walk away from this having had a lot of fun and some good memories.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Kristin said…
You are the coolest teacher I know.
Umm, that rocks.
Will you be able to post the final copies on WHS website.
Because honestly? I want to watch :)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!