Day 390 -- In Spite of Me

Tonight I'm thankful that God loves me in spite of me.

I feel like a royal screw up today.  You know what it's like to have one of those days where you are convinced that

every.

single.

thing.

you did was wrong?

Where you second guessed every decision you made?

Where you thought that even your tone of voice might have sent a message other than what you intended?

Where in retrospect, it probably would have been better for everyone if you had just stayed in bed?




No?

Screw you.

Just kidding.

Kind of.

But isn't it nice to know that no matter what my failures today, real or imagined, God loves me not for who I am but in spite of who I am?

Even in my biggest screw ups, He isn't or judgmental, but loving and forgiving.

It reminds me of that old hymn, "The Love of God", that I love so much, because it shows how huge God's love is for me (and for you, too!).




Thank you, God, for loving me in spite of me!

Lord, thank you for your love.  Thank you for loving me no matter what kind of day I am having or how many things I do wrong.  Help me to learn from my mistakes today and to live in the joy of your love tomorrow, no matter what happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!