Day 393 -- Middle School PE Mix

I was riding home from Plymouth Canton on Tuesday with my friend Linda, who I consider my judging mentor.  My former high school gymnastics coach offers to drive many of the nights we have meets together, and we have a lot of fun chatting on the way to the meet and home.  It certainly made the ride home a lot less terrible having a good friend in the seat next to me. 

As we sat in traffic, she pulled about 20 burnt CDs from her center console.  She chose one at random and inserted it into her CD player.  What followed was a great mix of edgy alternative music with a few fun pop songs sprinkled in.  I asked her what the CD was for and she told me that as a middle school PE teacher, she gets sick of listening to the same songs over and over again during class.  So, roughly once a month she buys a new set of songs from iTunes and burns a new CD for the kids to run to, or to listen to during plyometrics, or for background during volleyball drills. 

I was raving about her taste in music the rest of the way home.  When I got out of the car just before midnight, she handed me a couple of her collection to have.  I took them to school and have been listening while I work during my prep hour and after school.  It's amazing how it perks me up just to have some good music on.  I feel like today I was in a better mood and was more efficient simply because I was enjoying listening to the music while I worked.

Here's an example of a song that I LOVE and got to listen to today:



Thank God for my new middle school PE mix!

Lord, thank you for my friend and for her gift to me that helped me get through another tough, long day.  Thank you for music and for the way it can lift our spirits.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!