Day 397 -- The Van's Back

The van has been out of commission for the past 10 days or so due to a problem in the steering column/ignition/who really gives a crap, it's broken.

I feel lucky to have "back up" vehicles...so much as it can be said for vehicles that are secondary to a 1999 Dodge Caravan bought on eBay. But, today was the first day in a while that I was able to take the kids to and from school in the van, and I have to admit that I have missed that hunk of junk.


September 2008: A picture of my sad face the day we finally gave in and bought our minivan...on eBay

Its cavernous depths were better at drowning out the wailing cries I hear almost daily on the way to daycare than the Saturn, and I didn't have to worry about finding a parking spot that allowed me to freely open the suicide doors, either. The vast empty interior made getting kids strapped into car seats almost seem easy. The heavy bulk under my hands made me feel safe and significant on the road.  And somebody must have cleaned it recently, because the normal detritus of petrified french fries, soggy cereal, and crumbly Goldfish crackers that is found on the floor was noticeably absent.


I didn't feel cool, but I did feel thankful to be driving it again.

Thank God the van's back!

Lord, thank you for the van and for the job it does so well.  Thank you for the means to get it fixed and back on the road again.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Suzanne Gibbs said…
You're so funny! I love you! Being thankful to have your "hunk of junk" back cracks me up!!! :)
Its the little things in life that make us happy...even if we don't like to admit it. :) Glad you've got your wheels back!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!