Day 398 -- Basketball Game

Tonight on a whim, I decided to willingly go back to school to watch the home varsity basketball game. I took both Breslin and Dharia with me.

We had a great time. The game was not crowded at all, so we had an entire set of bleachers to ourselves for the kids to crawl and jump around on while eating $10 worth of concession stand fare.

At halftime, the Western Athletic Boosters sponsor a half-court shot. For a dollar, you can embarrass yourself by trying to hurl a basketball at a hoop a mile away in front of a thousand people. As it got going, Dharia looked at me with those big brown eyes and said, "Mommy, can I do it?"  I gave her a dollar and said, "Go for it!"

Wouldn't you know it, that girl called my bluff and marched proudly onto the court to give the workers her dollar!  They led her 2 feet from the hoop and let the crowd oooh and ahhh over her as she thrust the ball a mere 6 inches in the air.  It was pretty cute, but not as cute as when she asked for the ball back for a second shot. 

I enjoyed hanging out with my kids in different surroundings, showing them off to students and staff members, and watching some of my students play.  It was a surprisingly great night, and for that I am so thankful!

Thank God for a Tuesday night basketball game!

Lord, thank you for a chance to hang out with my kids.  I had a great time.  Thank you for unexpected joys in the everyday.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!