Day 403 -- The Rad-Mag

The Rad-Mag is a bike trainer.  It essentially turns your road bike into an indoor, stationary bike so that you can ride your bike inside on days where the wind is cold and the roads are covered in snow.

I wasn't looking forward to riding a bike indoors, where the scenery never changes.  So, naturally, I was surprised to find myself rather enjoying working up a sweat on my first go with the trainer this morning.  While it was true that the scenery didn't change, it was also true that I got to hang out with my family while I rode.  I talked to Breslin about the alphabet and watched AJ dance.  Dharia just sat on the couch and played with the iPad, so I didn't really miss anything there, but I still got to look at her pretty face, scrunched in concentration.

One of the things that makes triathlon training so difficult is the fact that it means long hours away from my family.  Today I am thankful that I have one way to get around that. 
Thank God for the Rad-Mag!

Lord, thank you for the physical health to train for triathlons and for the tools I have to make training a little easier.  Thank you for the opportunity to workout while being able to spend time with my family today.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!