Day 409 -- Outside

Today was cool.  Our whole family managed to spend some quality time outside. Colby and I took the opportunity to snowboard at Snow Snake Mountain in Harrison, thanks to my mom and grandparents, who were willing and able babysitters. While we were gone, they took the kids out to play in the back forty, where they stomped and trounced through the wet slushy mud. When we got home the girls spent even more time outside, climbing the same rock piles and running down the same hills I did when I was a little girl.

I haven't been a huge fan of the weather we have been having this winter. I am a cold weather, bring-on-the snowstorm kind of girl. But even I have it admit that the sunshine and warmer temperatures were pleasant today.  It certainly made riding the chairlift more enjoyable.

Here are some pictures I managed to get of Dharia and AJ while they played outside today.





Dharia looking cuter than she was acting...

The girls posing for a picture, but you can't see the focus of their attention in this picture.  For that, you'll have to look at the next one.

A GIANT FUZZY CATERPILLAR!  What more could two girls ask for?

The (living) fuzzy caterpillar occupied a paper cup on the counter in my grandparents' house for a few hours until he was gently returned to his natural habitat.  I can't say they were thrilled about their new "pet", but Dharia sure was.

Thank God for outside!

Dear God, thank you for a beautiful day and some phenomenal time outside.  Thank you for giving Colby and I the chance to get away and hit the slopes.  Thanks for giving the kids time to play, have adventures and get fresh air too.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Joyce said…
Love having you, Colby and kids.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!