Day 412 -- The Crockpot

Crockpot, more like...

ROCKpot!

Okay, that was a bit of a stretch.  I'll admit it.

But, when I walked into my house today and dinner was ready, a goofy grin stretched out across my face.  Colby was coming in the door with a week's worth of groceries and I had three crazy kids and all of their gear, but dinner. was. done.

And while I am talking highly of the Crockpot, maybe I should mention some delightful accessories that make the Crockpot extra rock 'n roll.

First, the book Fix It and Forget It.  Honestly, it's got everything.  Several versions of everything, actually.  I have found so many great meals in there, and most of them are in my zone of proximal development as a budding slow-cooker chef, if you know what I mean.  If you don't, well, you're really not missing anything.  Please don't click on that link.

Second, and critical to the enjoyment of your Crockpot, are Crockpot liners.  These beautiful, seemingly simple pieces of plastic are actually a way to make using a Crockpot less work.  Now, you don't really have to cook, but all the stuff that normally gets baked into that nondescript brownish sludge that sticks on to the side of your pot gets lifted out with the liner.  A quick swipe with a wet rag and your Crockpot is ready for storage until its next use.

Which in my family's case will be tomorrow. 

With all the time that I saved tonight, I was able to mix together tomorrow's dinner as well.  Some white chili is sitting in the Crockpot (inside of a liner) just waiting to be turned on (as Norah Jones would say). 

Thank God for the Crockpot!

Lord, thank you for simple things that make life easier and more enjoyable.  Thank you for family dinners together and for the one we had tonight because of the Crockpot.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!