Day 419 -- Valentine's Day Flowers

I know it's cheesy and cliche, but I love that my husband gets me flowers on Valentine's Day.  Today at school, I was surprised by a huge bouquet of beautiful Gerber daisies during my 2nd hour class, which was enough to distract my students totally from what we were doing.  Apparently a bouquet of flowers is more stimulating that learning how to write electron configurations, although for the life of me I can't figure out why. 

I felt lucky and silly, just like those high schoolers walking down the halls with their giant teddy bears and Mylar balloons.

I am so blessed to have my funny Valentine, and I am thankful for his thoughtfulness today.

Thank God for Valentine's Day flowers!

God, thank you for my Valentine.  Thank you for his thoughtfulness today and for my beautiful flowers.  In your name, Amen.

Comments

Joyce said…
Your granddad this to me for years. I let the students think I had a secret admirer.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!