Day 422 -- 100%, A+

Sometimes while I'm training, I think about the amount I have completed in a workout as a grade on a test or lab that I give my students.

Like, if I'm swimming laps and I do 3 of the 5 sets, I think to myself, "Well, that's 60% and that's a passing grade.  Or, if I do four, that's an 80%, and that's a pretty decent grade!"  Technically, in education, 80% is considered mastery.  I'd hate to think about what my performance on the Ironman would be like in July if I settled for "mastery" all through my training, but we are not here to discuss the problems with traditional grading structures in education.  If you would like to hear more about that, you are more than welcome to come see my first-ever presentation at a professional conference that will take place on March 9 in Grand Rapids.  :)

I was thinking along these same lines when I set a goal to read my Bible every day during the school week.  As the days marched on, I could see myself slowly approaching mastery.  In fact, this morning, I was very tempted to be happy with an 80%, as I was definitely running significantly behind schedule.  But, I read my Bible anyhow, and I'm happy to report that if I got a grade on reading my Bible this week, it would be a 100%.

I'm so thankful that I was given the strength to do what I should be doing every week.

Thank God for my 100%, A+!

Lord, thank you for helping me set priorities this week and see them through.  Thank you for the way you have spoken to me through your word this week.  Please help me to continue to grow this habit.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!