Day 423 -- BarlowGirl

One of my favorite all-time artists ever is the band BarlowGirl, a rock-alternative all-girl Christian group.  Their music is uniquely charged and emotionally powerful. The lyrics of their songs are challenging and, for me, very often right on the mark.

Every so often, I seem to remember and again stumble upon a BarlowGirl song that hits me right in the gut, saying exactly what needs to be said to me at the perfect time.  On more than one occassion I can remember driving my car down the road with tears streaming down my face, singing my heart out to a BarlowGirl song.

Tonight, it was a newer song on an album I don't own, called, "Beautiful Ending".  I can't even believe how amazing this song is. 

It's official.  I want to be a BarlowGirl when I grow up.

I am so thankful for an opportunity to worship my Lord and Savior through their music and to hear His voice ringing through the lyrics of their songs.

Thank God for BarlowGirl!

God, thank you for the talent of BarlowGirl and for the way they bring me closer to you.  Thank you for music and the beauty it brings to my life.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!