Day 428 -- A Good Day

I drove to school praying for strength to just get through the day.  I was in a bad mood, plain and simple.  Dreading seeing my classes in this heightened state of irritation and impatience , I desperately needed an intervention.

Fortunately, God had a mind to turn my day around.  From the moment I stepped through the wide, heavy double doors to enter the school, it seemed as though I could do no wrong.  The copies I needed before first hour were already made, my lesson plans were all ready to go, and every one I ran into had a smile on his or her face.

In my classes, the lesson plans that I thought were going to be a drag turned out to be amazingly effective and even fun.  I laughed with my students frequently and felt as though they were engaged and truly understood the material at a deep level. 

I have been feeling like I was due for a good day at school.  I'm so thankful that even though it initially appeared as though that was impossible, God made today the good day I've been needing. 

Thank God for a good day!

God, thank you for giving me a good day at school.  Thank you for making my lesson plans go so smoothly and be so effective.  Thank you for giving me the chance to laugh and have fun with my students.  Thank you for turning this day around from how it began.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Kristin said…
You know what makes a good day? Al and Kristin time!!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!