Day 444 -- Pleasantly Surprised

I found myself pleasantly surprised by lots of things today, which is always nice.

1) I woke up and had a GREAT, long swim at the Y of Grand Rapids.  I was kind of expecting for it to be terrible, if I even managed to wake up in time at all.  But I did, and the swim was delightful.  I left feeling refreshed and accomplished.

2) I had an amazing breakfast in the very questionable hotel restaurant, which I was not expecting based on the general appearance of the place.  They even took the $10 in gold dollars I got from the parking garage change dispenser last night.  I say this because I swear that stuff looks like play money.

3) I was dreading my assignment on vault for the division 2 individual championships, mostly because of all the events, vault is undoubtedly what I would consider myself to be the least confident in judging.  With four judges, I was certain that my scores would be way out of range of the panel and the others would wonder what the heck I was doing.  But, it went extremely well, and I was pleasantly surprised to find myself enjoying every minute and assessing the vaults right in line with the rest of the panel. 

4) I was exhausted on the way home and found myself almost nodding off on the highway.  I pulled over and got some fresh air, which helped a little.  I finally called my dad to let him know I was close so that I could come pick up the kids (who were all over at his house).  When he heard how tired I was, he spontaneously offered to keep the kids a bit longer so I could take a nap. 

So, that's enough to consider myself extremely blessed for one day, I'd say!

Thank God I was pleasantly surprised!

Dear God, thank you for the nice surprises today.  Thank you for helping me make it through this busy and adventurous weekend successfully.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Barb said…
Glad you're home safe and sound!! Love and miss you lots!!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!