Day 445 -- First Time Meeting and 5% Done

There are actually TWO things I am super extra thankful for today.  Any day that you can't decide what to be thankful for because there is so much is a good day. 

First, Breslin, Dharia, AJ and I got to meet Harper Marie Stuart for the first time this afternoon.  She was born on Wednesday night, and even though I rushed to the hospital to see the new Stuart family of three, she was in the NICU and I couldn't see her sweet little face in person.  Then, being gone all weekend, I was dying to hold her and kiss her.  Today, my dad helped me load up all the kids and make the trip to north Jackson to meet Miss Harper for the first time.  I fell in love at first sight with my beautiful niece.  The kids, however, were not as excited as I had hoped.  Eventually the girls came around and each gave the baby a kiss, but poor Breslin didn't know what to think of the tiny little creature.

Then, on a totally separate note, I am thankful that today marks the official end of my first week of Ironman training.  And, despite many, many obstacles, I completed each and every workout.  The Albion pool was closed this week, so in order to swim, I had to get creative.  I discovered the Marshall Community pool.  Then, I had the added challenge of trying to get my training done while undertaking all of my activities in Grand Rapids.  I swam at the Grand Rapids YMCA with a guest pass and ran along the lovely streets of the city.  Finally, with parent teacher conferences this week and a couple of days without my husband at home, I did workouts really early and really late and rode my bike in the living room so that I didn't have to leave my kids at home alone.  I am thankful that even with all of these complications, I still did it.  That gives me hope and confidence going into the next 19 weeks. 

Thank God for our first time meeting and that I am 5% done!

Lord, thank you for today and for what it represents in my training.  Thank you for the chance to meet my new niece today too.  Additionally, thank you for wonderful sunny skies and balmy temperatures and the chance to drive with the windows down and the radio up.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!