Day 448 -- Birds

This morning, when I walked out to my van, I was irritated, grumpy, and tired.  We got up obscenely late this morning and were rushing even more than usual to get the kids dressed and loaded.  I'd had zero cups of coffee and my hair was soaking wet.

And then...I heard birds. 

And even though it didn't make the morning much better, hearing them sing helped me to see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel.  I say this because it was still as black as night.  But, I could sense that spring and the beautiful season that comes with it, summer, were just on the doorstep -- days that do not require alarm clocks or driving to work in the depths of darkness.

It gave my crummy morning hope.

Thank God for the birds!

God, thank you for giving me a small boost this morning.  I seriously believe it made the entire day better.  Thank you that we are finally starting to see that this school year does indeed have a finish line that is getting closer every day.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!