Day 450 -- New Old Earrings

Pink Orchid Leaf Earrings - Real Leaves - RESERVE FOR A.S.
I bought these earrings at an art fair in Marquette, Michigan from a very nice girl who took real plant life and dipped it in a colorful resin to create beautiful, yet funky and earthy jewelry.

I wore them constantly until one day a leaf fell off of the hook.  I was devastated.  That's not an exaggeration.  Ask Colby.

That is, until I found the artist on Etsy.  I emailed her directly and asked if she happened to have any earrings like the ones I loved so much.

When she responded, I found that the leaves were from Australia, and she didn't have any more of the exact same ones, but she did have a similar pair in an alternate color.

I bought the new earrings that are a delightful variation of the previous pair.  It was like getting a new pair of earrings, even though I am just replacing my old ones.  Now, I feel complete again.  I wore them tonight.  Every girl should have a piece of jewelry (or multiple pieces of jewelry) that just makes her feel beautiful by putting it on.  These earrings are it for me.

Thank God for my new old earrings!

God, thank you for small things that bring joy to my life.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!