Day 451 -- The Yeti Run

Today was the 4th Annual Yeti 5K in beautiful downtown Parma.  As a proud coach of one of Western's running teams, I always attend to run or help or both. 

I ran the 5K, and as my training has consisted mostly of long runs at a slower pace, I had no idea what to expect.  I was astounded to see the clock say 20:31 when I crossed the finish line!  I was extremely happy with my race, but the highlight of my day was watching my Dharia Lou run the kids' 1/2 mile fun run.  She work up ready to race, donned her Minnie Mouse shoes (because "those are my fast shoes, mom"), and was waiting at the door for me by 7:45 am. 

Now, a half mile is a long way for a three year-old to run, but she ran with gusto, completing the entire course in just over 6 minutes -- no walking.  The entire men's track team spread themselves out along the course, clapping for her (and the other kids) as she ran by.  It was terribly cute, and I am disproportionately proud of my budding runner.


Here is Dharia in her racing gear,

And again with AJ, who seems to have lost all of her clothes,

Thank God for the Yeti Run!

Dear God, thank you for the fun we had today at the Yeti Run.  Thank you for giving me the strength to ran fast and get a time I can be proud of.  Thank you for Dharia, her cuteness, and her emerging athletic prowess.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Barb said…
AJ looks like a little sumo!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!