Day 452 -- Bike/Walk/Run

It was a spectacular day and we had nothing on the calendar.  There was time to clean, time to drink multiple cups of coffee on the porch, and time to swing while watching my kids jump on the trampoline, go down the slide, and throw stuff into the river. 

While doing some outside cleaning, Dharia spied her bike and wanted to go for a ride.  Since Colby and Breslin were set to make a run to take in some recycling, I appeased my oldest daughter and agreed to let her ride her bike for a while.  AJ sat in the pink push car/stroller, I donned my lawn-mowing shoes, and away we went.

It was an unexpected, beautiful thing.  Dharia pedaled like a maniac all over Albion in her Michigan State sundress while AJ and I followed behind, half speed-walking, half jogging to keep up.  AJ honked her fake horn and yelled at Dharia to watch out for real cars.  It was warm enough to feel free and alive, but not so hot that I broke out sweating (at least not too much).  It was just me and my girls, with no plans or agenda, hanging out, enjoying each other's company and the magical weather.

Thank God for our bike/walk/run!

Lord, thank you for the amazing time I got to spend with my girls during our bike/walk/run today.  Thank you for my daughters and their beautiful personalities.  Thank you for the weather and the chance to be outside enjoying it.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!