Day 459 -- Sleepy Harper

I got to visit my niece today.  Sweet little Harper is now about 2 and a half weeks old.  She was awake and alert when I showed up at Evan and Laura's today to bring them some dinner.  After Dharia Lou helped me to get the chili together and simmering, I took a turn holding this beautiful baby.  She was fussy and had kept her parents up all night.  As I bounced and sang to her, I looked down to see her little head on my chest -- eyes closed, mouth wide open.  I breathed in her soft baby scent and was thankful to have my sleeping niece in my arms.

Thank God for sleepy Harper!

Lord, thank you so much for my niece.  Thank you for the nice moment I got to spend with her today.  Please help her parents to get some rest.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!