Day 461 -- Bubbles

AJ wanted to take a bath tonight, which was lovely considering that it was also necessary for her to take a bath after her encounter with chili at dinner.  Anyhoo, the older two children now like to take showers instead of baths, so it was just AJ hanging out in the tubby with her rubber duckies and tea set.  As a treat, after I scrubbed her down, I added some bubble bath to the water, which delighted her immeasurably .  She kept saying, "Look at all the bubbles, momma!" over and over.  Then she would scoop up as many as she could in her little hands and laugh as they popped in her face.  This seemingly insignificant detail  made her so happy that tonight I can't help but be thankful for the tiny joys I see in the eyes of daughter.  I feel blessed to be a part of their discovery.

Thank God for bubbles!

Dear God, thank you for a fun time with AJ in the bath tonight.  Thank you for her curiosity and amusement at little things I take for granted.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Chelsea said…
I love this Al.
So little but so significant to your little one. :-)
Joyce said…
That's my girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!