Day 462 -- Chicken Noodle Soup

My kids helped me make some homemade chicken noodle soup from scratch when we got home from school today.  They added carrots, chicken, onions, and noodles.  They helped me stir.  There really wasn't a lot more to it than that.  Chicken noodle soup isn't really too tough to make, I guess.

But, as thankful as I was that it was something we got to do together, I am more grateful for the outpouring of compliments I received from them when we sat down to eat the soup.  Here are some unadulterated quotes from my children at the dinner table tonight:

Breslin: "Mom, this is so yummy."

Dharia: "Mommy, this is the best food you have ever made.  It's the best food in the world."

AJ: "It's delicious, momma.  It's delicious."

I know that someday my kids will turn up their noses at whatever I make, but tonight I was thankful for their low-maintenance style and for their gratitude.  It made me feel like a good cook and a good mom.  That's a really good feeling.

Thank God for chicken noodle soup!

God, thank you for dinner with my kids tonight.  Thank you for the way they make me feel.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
That's really cool! I'm glad they got to help make soup!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!