Day 465 -- Black Eyed Peas

When I was a junior in the year 1998, I was just starting to date Colby, playing on the Western High School district-winning soccer team, driving a yellow 1970 Volkswagon Beetle, and applying to Alma College.  I also had just purchased a CD from the Columbia House Music Club entitled Behind the Front by the Black Eyed Peas.  It was their first album, which did not include the infamous Fergie on vocals, but I fell in love with the catchy "Joints & Jams", with its quirky lyrics and funky bass line.  They were a little known group then, but I held on to The Peas' CD and busted in out every once in a while.  Listening to this album never failed to perk me up a little bit.

As time passed, the Black Eyed Peas exploded as a an international sensation.  Many people either love their new stuff and hate the old stuff or vice versa.  Not me.  I love it all.  Their music makes me want to dance, laugh, and cry all at the same time.  It is emotional, powerful, motivational, and fun.  From "Where is the Love" to "Don't Lie" to "The Boogie That Be", I always smile when I hear a Peas' song.

Today during the middle of my run, "I Gotta Feeling" came randomly on my iPod.  I grinned and ran a little faster.  I thought about being 17 and loving the Black Eyed Peas and how thankful I am to have been a fan from the beginning.  I am grateful for this group, their music, and the way they make me feel about life.

Thank God for the Black Eyed Peas!

Dear God, thank you for the Black Eyed Peas.  Thank you for their music and the way it can bring me up no matter what.  In  your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Kristin said…
Do you sing, "I got a feeling...this is gonna be a good run...."
Chelsea P said…
I LOVE the BEP's :-) Thanks for this sister!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!