Day 466 -- Stupid Cold Wind

Stupid, cold wind coming out of the east
Making my 2 hour ride seem like more of a beast.
You howl and gust when I go up a hill,
I wish for a minute you just would be still.

I turn right, I turn left, I go straight and you're there,
Managing with my helmet to still mess up my hair.
You scream and you rage, blowing me off the road,
Your incessant presence is getting quite old.

Stupid, cold wind, don't think for a bit
that your bitter blowing would make me want to quit.
You're making me angry, but making me strong
I'll ride in your stupid coldness all morning long.

Thank God for the stupid, cold wind!

God, thank you for the stupid cold wind this morning that made me tougher!  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

april. said…
Thank you my dear, poet friend. :)
Sarah Eles said…
I used to yell and holler at the wind when I was learning how to windsurf on Swains Lake because it would always yank the sail out of my hand....that is until Joan Boyer(who had a cabin on the lake) told me that she could hear me throwing a fit. Biking into the wind is tough.This post made me smile because I can totally relate. I love reading your blog, and I like to hear about your triathlon training. You are one of the people who has inspired me to try one this summer! How do you manage to fit in all of the training? When do you workout and what do you do each day?

-Sarah

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!