Day 468 -- Not Missed

Today when we got home from our little trip (yes, we got home; in and of itself something to be thankful for) and my mom and Bob had taken off for home, I asked Breslin if he missed me.

He said, "No, I really had fun with Nana."

Ummmm, okay?

At first, I was a little miffed, but I got to thinking that I should be really thankful.  After all, how lucky am I that my kids have someone they enjoy being with so much that they don't even miss me when I'm gone? 

My mom and Bob took them out to pizza, to the movies to see The Lorax, and to the Toy House for a little shopping.  How could they miss mom and dad when they were having so much fun?

I am so thankful that my kids have these two people in their lives that love them so much and are willing to embark on such adventures with them. 

Thank God we weren't missed!

Dear God, thank you for my mom and Bob, who are so amazing!  Thank you for the fun our kids have with them and for their willingness to give us the chance to get away at the same time.  In your name I pray, Amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!